Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Teaching Past Tense to English Learners!

Teaching Past Tense to English Learners!

“My family goed to the park yesterday! “
If you’re a teacher, especially of language learners, you probably understood this sentence, but others may not. 

Grammar lessons are vital for helping second language students understand the complexities of the English language, but they don’t have to be boring. 
Over the years I’ve learned the importance of playing to learn. That’s why you’ll see a gamut of games in my classroom that offer just that: the ability to play games to reach mastery. 
Help your English language learners master past tense verbs so that their speaking and writing are more intelligible. 
My Past Tense Bundle features a mixture of whole group and partner games to help your students produce regular, irregular, and past participle verbs. Over the years, Slap It! and Weighty Words have become classroom favorites. This bundle will have your students having slap-happy fun and building strong muscles as they perfect past tense verbs. 
Word of the Week: 
Free lunch
Something one does not have to pay for
The best free lunch I’ve had this week was Fun to Teach’s past tense -ed word pronunciation resource. I couldn’t wait to download it and use it with my students!
 
Looking to make Spanish Past Tense Verbs more fun for your dual language or foreign language learners? I know how difficult it can be to find hands-on Spanish activities for grammar. That’s why I created my Spanish Past Tense Verbs Game Bundle. This resource contains 77 pages of material that you can use to teach some of the same games that the English resource above features. Consider using this as an accompaniment to the English game bundle above for dual-language programs. 
 
Freebie Alert!
English pronunciation is confusing not just for ESL students, but for all students. Why does -ed have three different sounds? Well according to English Stack Exchange:  English will not permit a sequence of voiceless and then voiced sounds within a syllable coda.
Jump on my Three Sounds of -ed for Past Tense Verbs freebie before it’s gone! This resource also gives you a teaser of the outstanding activities that my Past Tense Verbs Game – 3 sounds of ed Bundle mentioned above features. Don’t miss out! See how this past tense game, and the ones above, can transform your grammar lessons today.
 
 
Feel free to check out any of the other games in my shop. I guarantee that your students will love them. 
My very best,
Lori

from Fun To Teach Blog https://esleld.blogspot.com/2022/07/teaching-past-tense-to-english-learners.html
Go to Singapore Meetup

No comments:

Post a Comment